CONTINUING EDUCATION PHILOSOPHY
The Indiana State Nurses Association is the voluntary professional association for registered nurses in this State. Membership is an individual responsibility and reflects a commitment to a belief that:
1. Nursing is a humanistic, socially essential service which is instrumental in providing quality health care to all people;
2. The Association can contribute to the provision of quality nursing care by facilitating professional growth;
3. Registered nurses benefit from an Association which promotes the individual’s social, educational, political, and economic development and/or advancement;
4. The promotion of professional growth through a variety of Association activities is important to facilitate the advancement of nursing as a profession;
5. Nurse participation in ISNA approved continuing nursing education benefits the individual and the recipient of care.